Auto & Trailer Spares Limited is one of Ireland’s leading distributions of trailer parts and towing accessories to the retail and trade sectors in Southern & N. Ireland. As part of our business, we collect and manage customer data. In doing so, we observe the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR) and are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and rights.
Auto & Trailer Spares Limited may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What information we collect?
We collect the following information about you when you register with us, place an order for products or services, contact us or provide feedback and participate in competitions.
Information you may provide to us includes:
- Your name
- Your address (including billing and delivery addresses)
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
- Your Tax/VAT number
- Information about the items you order and when you ordered them
- Your preferences as to what types of information you wish to allow us to contact you about
- Limited information about payments you make for products and services you have purchased from us
In operating our store, it is essential for us to capture some information about your visit. This information helps us to offer a better experience for you and helps us identify areas of the website that can be improved. When you visit our website we collect certain information which may include:
- Your IP address (this helps have a better understanding where our customers are from)
- The pages you visited and how long you viewed our website and your local time
- Any search terms you used to search our website (so we know what products to add next)
- How you found our site (advert, direct link or social media link)
- The type of operating system, device and browser you are using to view our website
We will only collect basic personal data about you, which does not include any ‘sensitive personal data’ about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions or offences.
You can view more information on Cookies at the bottom of this page.
Auto and Trailer is PCI-DSS compliant (a very strict industry standard with requirements for the security of credit card information), we also use accredited companies to process your credit card information. When you order goods or services online from us we will only collect certain information to process your order and payment.
- Your name, billing and delivery address, email address, contact number and order number. IP address (for fraud prevention), payment reference number provided by our payment processor and payment method, i.e. credit card or PayPal
Financial information, such as data relating to your payment (e.g. credit card number, card brand, expiration date and security code) is processed by our payment providers on our behalf. We store only very limited, if any, financial information relating to your purchase. Otherwise, all financial information is stored by our payment processors which are:
- Stripe – (external link): https://stripe.com/at/privacy
- PayPal – (external link): https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
How your information is used?
We use the Information that we collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through the website (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we also use this information to:
- Email you regarding your account, order or deliveries
- Fulfil and manage purchases, orders, payments, and other transactions related to the site and our mobile application
- To make future visits to the website and our mobile application more personalized
- Increase the efficiency and operation of the website and our mobile application
- Monitor and analyze usage and trends to improve your experience with the website and our mobile application
- Offer new products, services, newsletters, and/or recommendations to you, where you have given us your specific consent
- Perform other business activities that are essential for the smooth running of our business and to comply with other regulations and laws
- Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft, and protect against criminal activity
- Process payments and refunds
- Request feedback
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems
- Respond to product and customer service requests
How long do we keep your data?
We keep your data for as long as is required for the purpose it was obtained for. Most importantly, we have specific obligations for fraud detection and tax reasons. Therefore, we may need to retain certain data even if you ask to delete it so that we comply with other laws and regulations that govern us.
Who we share your information with?
Auto & Trailer Spares works with a number of trusted suppliers, agencies and businesses in order to provide you the high quality goods and services you expect from us. Such as delivery companies, payment processors and fraud prevention agencies. This includes organisations which are critical to fulfilling customer orders and queries, as well as those that help us with marketing. We will never disclose your information to external 3rd parties unless it is essential to our business or we are required to do so by law.
We may disclose your information with:
- Supplier Partners
Auto & Trailer Spares, works with a number of trusted partners who supply products and services on our behalf. All partners are subject to thorough checks, and will only hold the minimum amount of personal information needed in order to fulfil the orders you place or provide a service on our behalf.
- Delivery Partners
In order for you to receive your goods, Auto & Trailer Spares works with a number of delivery partners. Again, we only pass limited information to them in order to ensure delivery of your items.
- IT Companies
Auto & Trailer Spares, works with business who support our website and other business systems.
- Marketing Companies
We work with marketing companies who help us manage our electronic communications with you or carry out surveys and product reviews on our behalf.
- Payment processing
Auto & Trailer Spares works with trusted third party payment processing providers in order to securely take and manage payments.
Transfers to third countries
Some of the information you provide to us may be transferred outside the European Economic Area to countries such as the US & Canada. This is a transfer to a “third country”. For example Auto & Trailer Spares use an external provider to run our website “Craft CMS” is based in the US, who provide us with our site platform and IT support, and is a participant in the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and committed to providing best-in-class service and data protection.
We have a policy to only use reputable 3rd party suppliers and ensure they are located in countries with which the UK has good relations, such as those in the EEA and the US.
External links on our site
Our website may contain links to other websites that may relate to similar products or services. We are not responsible for their content or privacy and security, it will be at your own discretion to use these websites and to ensure they comply with your own expectations.
This notice is designed to help you understand what cookies are, how Auto & Trailer Spares uses them and the choices you have in regards to their use. We use a number of cookies internally that are essential to help your customer experience as you navigate the website and place orders.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or other device when you visit the Site. This allows the Site to recognise you as a user either for the duration of your visit (using a ‘session cookie’) or for repeat visits ( a ‘persistent cookie’). They are not harmful and do not contain any information such as your home address, date of birth or credit card details.
The cookies we use fall into three broad types:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in helping you to move around our Site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, such as setting up an account cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you've been on the internet.
In order to keep the Site, its services and products relevant, easy to use and up-to-date, we use web analytics services to help us understand how people use our Site. For example, we can see which parts of the Site and products are most popular, identify when errors occur, and test different versions of a page or feature to see which one works best.
These cookies allow websites and applications to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised which means we can't identify you personally. They do not gather any information about you that could be used for selling advertising or remembering where you've been on the internet, but do help us to serve you with advertising that is more relevant to you.
Other cookies that Auto & Trailer Spares ltd. use are from first and third parties for functions of the website and to understand our visitors better. These include but are not limited to Google Analytics, Facebook, Google AdWords and Better Coupon.
If you are concerned about cookies please visit AllaboutCookies.org for further information and read their guides about how to control cookies and how to delete cookies. You can also visit Google to adjust your Ads Settings to opt out of Display Advertising and customise Google Display Network ads.
Turning off Cookies?
To change your cookie settings, or if you want to be notified each time a cookie is about to be used, you should amend the settings provided in your web browser to prevent us from storing cookies on your computer.
For information on how to disable cookies, please consult the "Help" tab of your browser via the menu bar. For further information on non-essential cookies used for targeting and banner advertising please see below.
Our third party Cookies
- PayPal – PayPal collects information to identify who you are they provide a payment gateway service to accept payment from you to complete your order.
- Stripe – Stripe collects information to identify who you are they provide a payment gateway service to accept payment from you to complete your order.
- MailChimp - to provide a prompt to sign-up to our Newsletter and Mailing List
- Google Analytics – provides information on how our website preforms. Website visitors who don’t want their data used by Google Analytics can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. To opt-out of Analytics for the web, visit the Google Analytics opt-out page and install the add-on for your browser. Learn more about the opt-out and how to properly install the browser add-on here. Visitors can also opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Twitter and Google +, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Updates to our Privacy/Cookies Policy
If we update our Privacy or Cookies Policy to reflect a change or improvement of our services or a new legal obligation, we will publish the new version on our website, and we will make it clear on our home page www.autoandtrailer.com so it will be visible as you enter our store.
Should you need to contact us please write to:
Data Protection Officer, Auto & Trailer Spares, Drumquin Road, Omagh, Co. Tyrone, N. Ireland, BT785PR. Quoting Security and Privacy Enquiry.